Friday, September 20, 2013

Pray About the Little Things

Never underestimate the power of prayer. The Bible testifies that the “…fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much” (James 5:16b, KJV). I believe we often forget to come before the Lord with the little things—the keys we’ve lost, the test we’re about to take, the patient load we find overwhelming, and the lack of sleep from studying all the time.

Recently, the Lord has been challenging me to come to Him with the little things because He cares about His children (1 Peter 5:7; Psalm 55:22). We can come before the Throne of God boldly as God’s children, confident that we will be received with open arms by our Father in Heaven.

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

God promises to hear the prayers of righteous men (Proverbs 15:29; 1 Peter 3:12).

“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry” (Psalm 34:15, NKJV).

I can personally testify that the Lord really does care, and He does answer. Yesterday, I was going to log into the hospital charting system for the first time in almost a year. Because I had participated in the Richmond Program, I hadn’t logged onto a computer at this hospital in a while. Beforehand I was anxious because I wasn’t sure if I remembered my password or not, but before I attempted to log on for the first time, I bowed my head right there in the nurse’s station and asked the Lord to help me remember the right password. Then I typed in what I thought was the right one…and…it worked! I had no troubles and didn’t have to call technical support. God answered my prayer!

Earlier in the week too, I was anxious about a test I was about to take. Before the test, I prayed and told the Lord that I needed His help. I could not do this without Him. I surrendered the test AND the OUTCOME to Him. I chose to trust Him with whatever happened. Whenever I came to a question I struggled with, I prayed and asked the Lord to help me choose the right answer. Then today, I discovered yet again the faithfulness of the Lord because He gave me favor, and I received a phenomenal score on my exam. Praise the Lord! Because I depended on Him, He gets all the glory.

Tonight I want to challenge you to remember the God we serve. He knows everything. He knows what you need even before you ask (Matthew 6:8, 32). But He wants you to ask (James 4:2). Admit your dependence on Him (1 Peter 5:6). He is your Lord, Your Provider Who meets all your needs (Philippians 4:9). Remember to bring the little things to Him in prayerful surrender today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment