Saturday, May 11, 2013

Med Surg Tutoring

I know I've always thought tutoring was for students who were struggling, but our NURS 301/302 instructors highly recommend participating in Med Surg tutoring groups led by senior nursing students. During my junior year I participated in two different groups. (Because of the way my clinicals were with Richmond, my schedule varied so that I could only make one of them a week). All of my tutors were amazing! I loved each one of them. I learned a lot from them, and I believe that part of my success in Med Surg was due to the hour or two I spent with them each week going over the material.

With that in mind, I highly recommend signing up for a Med Surg tutoring group next semester. Your Med Surg instructors will likely post sign-up sheets outside of the nursing lounge at the beginning of the year. I would sign up as soon as you figure out what will work best with your schedule. It will be well worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment